Having your puppy properly vaccinated is one of the most important ways to keep him or her happy and healthy. Vaccines protect against many serious and even fatal diseases.
The following vaccines are absolutely imperative to your canine companion’s health:
- Distemper/Parvo Combination: This vaccine protects against several potentially fatal diseases.
- Rabies: This disease is fatal for all mammals, including humans. These vaccines are very highly recommended and can prevent very serious diseases.
- Bordetella: (Kennel Cough) This vaccine helps prevent or reduce the severity of this serious respiratory infection that can lead to pneumonia.
The following vaccines are imperative to your feline companion’s health:
- Distemper/Upper Respiratory: This 4 in 1 vaccine protects against several very serious diseases.
- Rabies: This disease is fatal for all mammals, including humans.
- Feline Leukemia: This disease can easily be fatal to your feline companion.
Young dogs or cats usually need several sets of vaccination boosters (just like children) to provide them with as much protection as possible. Adult dogs or adult cats that are properly vaccinated should be boostered yearly for most vaccines. Vaccination schedules vary depending on age, overall health, state regulations, vaccination type and risk of exposure.